About 5-6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
5 slices of bacon, diced
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cups Carolina Gold rice
2/3 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup 9°80° Picante Panama sauce
- Place chicken or vegetable stock in a large sauce pan, and bring to a simmer.
- Place bacon in a cold sauté pan, and cook over low heat until bacon is golden brown.
- Add the butter and green onions to the pan. Sweat until green onions have softened (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the rice, and stir to coat with the butter and bacon fat. Cook until the rice starts to smell nutty and fragrant (about 5 minutes).
- Add the white wine to the pan, and cook until wine is almost evaporated.
- Begin adding the warm chicken stock to the pan, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir frequently. Make sure that all liquid is absorbed before adding additional liquid. Cook until rice is tender but not mushy (about 30-35 minutes).
- Add blue cheese and 9°80° Picante Panama sauce to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.